2017 Release Notes
The latest edge release notes detail changes made during the 2017 year. See left navigation for previous years, or use the search field at the top of the page for released functionality.
6th December 2017
- The wording on the ‘Print’ button has been changed to ‘Generate’ to better describe the action of Generating a PDF.
- Clicking ‘Generate’ now sends the job to the Queue Server without the User needing to wait for a long LOADING screen. N.B. Generating a Single Report still occurs as before.
- After Generating PDFs for a class, a download link is now available to allow for downloading of the combined whole class PDF at once. N.B. The student specific download links are the same as before.
- The Failed PDF report that was generated before will still appear at the bottom of the page to highlight specific students whose reports did not generate for some reason
- The link at the bottom of the page with combined classes in a single PDF has been removed.
- Users can now combine PDF’s by selecting combinations of already Generated Reports to merge into a single PDF.
- Multiple classes can be merged into a single PDF, or multiple students from a single class.
- The issue with emailing reports to caregivers has been fixed along with improvements in speed.
Student Quick Find
- Corrected the issue that could occur when filtering by ethnicity.
- General speed improvements.
- User timeout has been increased to 8 hours.
- Fixed student tutor membership data showing for the wrong years.
- Fixed duplication of some student details.
- Assay now displays a student’s results from other schools they have attended as well as their current school.
- Upgraded the integration between Edge and POLi to meet latest POLi spec.
- Fixed the issue where payments were not updating for some students in certain circumstances.
18th October 2017
- Student Summary: Quick Find is now displaying correctly in the Purple Banner.
- Notifications: When adding a new notification, the ‘How’ setting is now defaulted to “Dashboard”
- Notifications: Validation has been added when saving a notification if mandatory fields are missing.
- Notifications: Dropdown search now searches for users “First Name”.
- Email Logging: Help Page has now been added.
- NZQA: Import Other Providers Results: The issue where the Provider Number for other students was sometimes being overwritten has been resolved.
- Payments Received: When adding a payment and an item, the Account Summary Unpaid Item amount now updates to reflect the correct outstanding balance.
- Quick Find: Search not working consistently for address is now resolved.
- Past and Future student enrolments for a class now display the correct Start and End Dates.
- When enrolling a student, the selected gender now copies through to the second enrolment page correctly.
- Compliance: A New Leaving Reason “P” has been added – ‘Caregiver Decision for students leaving the school if they are under the age of 6’.
Attitude to Learning
- Report Summary: Failing to export some Year 7 data is now resolved.
- Print and Publish: Failing to print by Form Class for some schools is now resolved.
- Changing an RDL File and uploading now doesn’t require Saving on the Data Entry page to then be able to print the report.
- Emailing: Leavers being emailed their reports when emailing a filtered class is now resolved.
- Printing: The issue where Leavers were showing on screen after an action was applied e.g. “Select All, Complete” – is now resolved.
- Failing to load the data entry screen for some students with PAT data is now resolved.
6 October 2017
- Calendar: Admin> Setup> Define School Calendar – Schools are now able to set the calendar to be closed for a 1/2 day.
- Notifications: Added the ability to notify teachers via Dashboard and/or email for Pastoral transactions, Attendance alerts and National Standard OTJs (Final).
- Notifications are configured via Admin> Setup> Notification Settings.
For each notification:
- Select the staff member/s and/or role/s to be notified.
- Select the relevant student/s, year level/s or group/classes.
- Select the type/s (Attendance, Assessment or Pastoral).
- Select the criteria (e.g. all unjustified attendance codes).
- Select how to be notified (Dashboard and/or Email). N.B the Dashboard notification is a new clickable message bubble alongside the user name.
- An editable Notification Template can also be configured for each notification type.
- Some notification examples are:
- When a specific student has an Unexplained attendance code added to them.
- A reminder that a student’s after 1, 2 or 3 year National Standard Anniversary OTJs (Final) are due.
- When a pastoral transaction has been added to a student you are associated with.
- Caregiver reports: Email logging has been added to Templated and Custom Reports to show the success and failures of published (emailed) reports. Admin>Import/Export>Email logs. This can be viewed by staff with the Communications role.
- ATL (Attitude to Learning): Report Summary: Added the ability to have all year levels display and be exported. Exporting speed has been optimised.
- Custom Caregiver Reports: Printing speed and the process has been further optimised. PDF’s are now also listed against students for reprinting.
- The NZSSSC Template has been updated as required for 2017.
- Ability to edit a note is now fixed.
- Teacher Only: Print Rolls not always including student photo when printing is now fixed.
- Template Reports: Subject Report: Students classes with no standards attached not printing comments is now fixed.
- [Template Reports] Report Summary: Buttons are now centered.
- Template Report: NumPA error for some students is now resolved.
- Standards attached to a course now do not attach to leavers in that course.
- Deposit List - Spelling mistake corrected.
- Record of Payment: Issue where some billable items on some students couldn’t be viewed is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Menu not showing Assay Analysis when on the NCEA Analysis page is now fixed.
- New Report: Deposit List. You now have the ability to create a Deposit List report.
- Bug Fix: Statements: ‘Print By’ option now prints for all Bill Payers (not just one).
- When end-dating a staff members service period, this now end-dates all the staff members memberships. E.g. Classes, Groups.
Custom Caregiver Reports
- Bug Fix: Data Entry: Previous/Next buttons taking you back to the first student in the dropdown is now fixed.
- Report Configuration: Ability to report by Horizontal Class has been added.
- Report Configuration: Copying previous years reports now also copies the styles.
- Data Entry: When entering data, you are now warned if you have too many lines in the comment field, i.e. that it may not fit on the report.
- NB: Currently warns on 4 lines, will be changed to 5 in the next deploy.
- Bug Fix: Report Comments not loading for some students is now fixed.
- Check Availability: A layout issue in Teacher Mode has now been resolved.
- Student Options Summary: The count now does not include compulsory courses.
- Student Options Summary: You can now select an option to display who has too many options selected. (NB: This can be done through Timetable, Step 2, adding extra options).
- Current Attainment and Cohort Tracking Analysis by “Year” is now working correctly.
- Custom Caregiver Reports – Data Entry
- Ability to search student’s Surname has been restored.
Initial push of NCEA data is now including 2017.
- NZCER: Science Thinking with Evidence – New Tests are now available, JS1, JS2 and JS3.
- Data Entry - You now have the option to display Past (End Date < Today), Current (As at Today), or Future Students (Start Date > Today) in Achievement. The default is As at Today. If Past or Future students is selected the relevant coloured dot appears alongside their name.
Bug Fix: Achievement not loading in Internet Explorer is now resolved.
- Assay Integration is now available.
- NZQA: The ability to select Digital Submission or Digital Exams on certain standards has been added to the Assign Standards Student page.
- Bug Fix: Withdrawing Standards with same Number and Version as other results causing a Summary count issue is now resolved.
- NZCER: PAT Maths – PAT Adaptive tests can now be imported into EDGE.
- Timetable Export: Now includes the Timetable Name and Version in the export.
- Early Notification Group: ‘Student’ has been added to the filter options available when adding Students to the group.
- Bug Fix: Attendance History Report failing to export data is now resolved.
- Roll Return Announcement has been reworded to reflect the correct instructions (paper submission has been removed, as it is all done electronically now).
- School Announcements: Sending out Announcements now defaults to Staff Site only.
- Statements: More options have been added when sending statements. Multiple options can be selected.
- Known Issue: Print By is still only picking up 1 bill payer.
- Bulk Discount/Reversal: The ability to bulk discount or reverse billable items has been added.
- Bug Fix: Unable to view a batch if the batch contained >2100 transactions is now resolved.
- Assessment Summary: ATL graphs now display the text rather than the value when you hover the mouse pointer over the bar.
- Assessment Summary: ATL: ATL Graph in Staff and Parent Portal: now only shows classes in dropdown that have published data.
- Student Lists: Worsfold Export now includes Y9 and Y10.
- Caregiver Reports: Now displays all printed and published reports in the dropdown.
- ATL Report, Custom Reports, MSA Reports and Templated Reports.
- Bug Fix: New Filterable Lists: ‘Act on Behalf Of’ is now spelt correctly.
- Edit Caregiver: A new Mail to Greeting field is now available to be completed when you Edit a caregiver’s details. When financial documents are created, they will be addressed to the caregiver using the Mail to Greeting where one has been recorded.
- Define Groups: Being unable to delete groups is now resolved.
- Define Class/Group now has the options to show past, current and future students.
- Bug Fix: Define Class/Group/House/Bus Lists: "Add students to" was overwriting previous selected students. This is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Define Class/Group/House/Bus Lists: "Add students to" feature not adding student "as at" today (e.g. adds in leavers) is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Class Lists: As at “date” not working is now resolved.
- QuickFind has been added to the rest of the purple banners in both the Admin and Teacher Only sites.
- Bug Fix: Ticking students in the search list, then scrolling down and losing the ticks above, is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Select ALL only selecting the students visible on screen is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Portals: Facebook authentication not working is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Student Portal: Student options “Save” button displaying behind the footer is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Parent Portal: Attendance History Export not exporting is now resolved.
Attitude to Learning
- Bug Fix: Teacher Only Data Entry: Tab is now available for primary schools.
- Configuration: Now has a confirmation message when you delete a report.
- Data Entry and Printing: When loading and printing, show data as at today.
- Data Entry and Printing: The loading and printing of attendance data has been further optimised.
- Data Entry and Printing: Now has the options to show past, current and future students.
- Bug Fix: Teacher Only, teachers seeing all students and filters is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Message on screen displaying the wrong class just printed, is now resolved.
- A4 Progress Report: Title Page of the reports frame is now square.
- Bug Fix: A4 Progress Report: Curriculum Levels on Report entry by subject does not show the curriculum levels that have been carried over from previous reports for current year is now resolved.
- MSA Reports: When you Print MSA Reports, they are now saved so you can view the PDF as when they were printed once published for Staff and Caregivers.
- A change has been made to a number of popup boxes (e.g. Finance Write-Offs, Process Individual Leavers) to ensure they work as expected when using Google Chrome as your browser
- Quick Search: the issue where filters were sometimes duplicating on screen is now resolved
- A link to Community has been added to Contact Us (page footer)
- Note entry not allowing special characters has now been resolved (Pastoral Notes, and Add Notes)
- An issue where some historical data for NAG2A was not showing is now resolved
- Achievement>NCEA>Unattached Standards .. A new page to manage Unattached Standards has been added. On this page unattached standards can be viewed, removed or withdrawn as required
- My Class > Class Analysis .. the Class Analysis tab now only displays for teachers
- The issue where a student’s previous room was sometimes listing in the NZQA Submission file is now resolved
- School Settings>Report Settings: A separate Email Address field is now available for Caregiver Reporting
- Teacher Only/ Mark Class: the issue where Submitting an Attendance Roll was not always redirecting to previous page has now been resolved
- Saving Attendance by Group functionality has been optimised
- Student Attendance Summary: The issue where the table was not always aligning has been resolved
- You can now send an announcement to more than one portal at once
- The issue where the 4th column of the Finance Menu went off screen when the page was zoomed has been resolved
- Finance receipts: The option to include the caregivers address on receipts has been added
- Billable Items: A new Year Level, Class and Group filter has been added
- Teacher Only: Billable Items (Finance Detail): A new Year Level, Class and Group filter has been added as well as ‘only show my students’ .. unless I have the Show All Students right from School Settings.
- Request for Payments: Sorting is now as expected when printing by Family (Eldest)
- Statements: A new filter to give more choices for creating Statements is now available
- Invoices: A new filter to give more choices for creating Invoices is now available
- Request for Payments: A new filter to give more choices for creating Request for Payments is now available
- Receipts: The issue where reprinting receipts failed for PoLi payments is now resolved
- Classes can now be created for 2018 and beyond
- The issue where the photo popup was not centred is now resolved
- Paid Child Help is now available as a caregiver relationship
- Enrolment Summary: Assessment information have now been moved to the Assessment Summary tab
- Assessment Summary tab: The NCEA Chart has been reordered with the highest grades now on the left
- All tabs now contain the same purple banner
- The issue where the Data Entry page was timing out after an hour regardless of activity is now resolved
- Custom Report Entry/Printing: The Next/Previous controls are now on the floating footer to make navigating between students easier
- Teacher Only Data Entry: The issue where the student list was going behind the purple footer is now resolved
- Horizontal Class reports not showing is now resolved
- The & symbol not displaying correctly in Subject Comments is now resolved
- Latest Assessment Results: Latest results are being migrated over to the individual data entry page
- Floating save bar blocking access to some buttons (Allow Support Access for example) is now resolved
- The issue with edge Announcements having an extra hyperlink box is now resolved.
- Running Records Reading Levels are now in numerical order
- Year 7 subject classes now display in the dropdown for data entry.
- Subject class should only show as an option in the filter if subject classes are not configured for 0-8 / 7-8 schools
- Unable to change frequency after being saved is resolved.
- ATL Reports not printing (by Year) is now resolved.
- The latest ITJ result now displays in the graph (not the first result for the year).
- Occupation and Note for Caregivers is now available in Filterable lists
- Optimisation has been done on loading pages with the purple banner (with photos).
- Added the ability to use single character names for Firstname (legal and preferred) and middle name.
- Finance Menu for NCEA Billing appearing underneath Achievement and hard to select is now resolved.
- Transaction Summary popups now display on screen without scrolling down
- Added the ability to discount an item without payments having to be made on that item is now available.
- Added the ability to resend a receipt by email on the student transaction screen
- The issue where the Pay & Pay All Items buttons were not working in the Allocate Credit tab is now resolved.
- The issue where users were unable to use the Pay & Pay All buttons when payments were entered over $1000 is now resolved.
- Latest batch is selected now when going to Batch Processing.
- A separate email address for financial emails can now be entered in Finance Settings
- Added the ability to send receipts by email automatically on payment.
- Debtor's List now allows more than one billable item to be selected before generating the list.
- Search function in Billable Items drop-down list is now available.
Statements and RPFs
- Printing Statement/Request For Payments tidied up when print over more than one page.
- Option to now Include/not include certain details on Statements and RFP Templates.
- Statement Template now includes option to include/not include running total column
Record of Payment
- Discounts on items now do not count in the Record of Payments totals.
- Receipts not printing the correct class type is now resolved.
6 June 2017
- NumPA entry can now be saved.
- Calendar years 2018-2020 can now be configured.
29 May 2017
- The ability to enter previous years’ assessment data by Assessment Points has been added. This functionality can be enabled on the School Settings page (Admin>Setup>School Settings).
- To add a result for a previous year: Click the down arrow on the assessment, choose the previous year’s assessment point, then click Edit/View Results.
NB: Previous years Assessment Points can be viewed/edited on the: Achievement>Assessment>Achievement>Setup of Assessments page, then select the year from the top of the page.
- Markbooks: Exporting markbook data now exports only selected Student Details data.
- Cohort Tracking Analysis: Fixed a bug where the Analysis Ethnicity filter wasn’t displaying sub ethnicity when only 1 student is in the sub ethnicity.
- JAM 2nd Edition: The error where Stages were not matching to Levels in output on the Landing Page has been corrected.
- NZQA: The ability to select a Vertical or Horizontal Class for the NZQA Submission sorting has been added for schools using both class types. (The default is Vertical class).
- A new responsibility of Relief Teacher has been added to User Responsibilities. This will allow relief teachers access to mark rolls without giving them Attendance Officer Rights.
When this role (and only this role) is selected on a reliever, they will log in to Teacher mode. From there they can click the Attendance button, choose the teacher they are relieving for, then choose the relevant class to mark attendance for.
- The time order has been corrected on the Unexplained Absences page.
- A correction has been made to the Period by Period summary for students who started part way through the year.
- The issue where the Attendance Summary YTD for years 7 & 8 couldn’t be generated has been corrected.
- The issue where users were required to log in twice after being timed out has now been fixed.
- New Filterable Lists: The random page breaks in PDF Profile is now resolved.
- Occupation and Notes fields have been added to the individual Caregiver page.
- Quick Search: Ethnicity, Year Level and Gender filters have been added to the Student Search at the bottom of the page. Once a filter has been Applied the search list only displays the filtered students, one of whom can then be selected as usual. To clear the filter the selected Year and Ethnicity filters can be deleted, and Gender changed to All. NB. multiple filters can be applied at the same time.
- Quick Find (Tag Lists): This functionality allows users to define and save groups of students from which they can add, edit or view specific data using the Prev/Next buttons. Quick Find has been added to the right-hand end of the purple banner within Edge.
Clicking the funnel icon brings up the Quick Find filters and Tag List functionality box.
On here a combination of filters can be chosen, then the Search button clicked to list the required students. Some or all of these students can then be selected then Saved as a tag list. Tag Lists can then be Applied to show only those students
- The error that occurred when exporting Positive behaviour to csv has been corrected.
- The Incomplete Records page has been updated to display all transactions correctly.
- A bug in the Analysis graph where in some circumstances a student may show in both year 7 & 8 has been corrected.
- The error where an open batch could not be printed has been resolved.
Admin (Admin>Setup>Enrolment Settings)
- Enrolment officers can now set default values for a range of fields used when enrolling a student.
- To assist with managing the caregiver list a new filter has been added to the Early Notification Group.
- A correction has been made to the Attendance Statistics outputs.
Finance (Finance>Configuration>Finance Settings)
- Batches now have the choice of a Single batch for the whole school or Multi batches where each Finance Officer has their own batch.
- We have also enabled a separate batch for Online Payments. This is optional if you are running a Single batch but compulsory if you are running Multi batches. The Online Payment batch can be closed manually or set to automatically close at a set time each day.
- Batches now are only numbered when they close so that they go in the correct order to MUSAC FM. Once closed a new batch only opens when it is needed so there now can be times when no batch is open.
- Record of Payment: Discounts are now not included.
- Record of Payment: Ability to print a record payment for each bill payer for an item has been added.
- As per a request from the MoE a 6 Year Net Result table output (CSV & PDF) has been added to the People>Student Lists page. This is populated from the relevant data entered in Achievement.
Process Leavers (People>Process Leaver)
- When making a student a leaver notifications have been added when the student has unmarked attendance, outstanding financial items or missing OTJ’s.
Caregiver Reports tab
- A new Caregiver Reports tab has been added to the Student Details page to give easier access to individual reports for a student (Please note this is for reports that have been published to the Caregiver/Student Portals).
ATL (Caregiver Portal)
- When hovering over a data entry a caregiver can now see the wording of the Attitude value on the output graph.
- The ATL printing output has been optimised.
ATL Data Entry
- The issue were numbers where not displaying when using an Apple Mac computer has been resolved.
- The functionality between Markbooks and Custom Reports has been updated to allow any data type entered into a Markbook to be directly presented on a report.
- The functionality between Edge Achievement and Custom Reports has been updated to allow any data entered in Achievement to be directly presented on a report. e.g. PAT, e-asTTle. If you are wanting to include Achievement data on a Custom Report please include this as part of the consulting process when having your Custom Reports designed by MUSAC Services.
Bulk MoE Update Fields
A filter has been added to the Bulk Update MoE fields. This will enable selected groups such as a subject class, year level, to have the required value added to them.
The ability to use macrons and special characters in announcements has been added.
The Enrolment Widget now displays pre enrols for next year.
Comments can now be added to markbooks (maximum characters = 1500). This is done by adding the new data type of Comment then applying this to the relevant Markbooks (Admin > Setup > Markbook Configuration).
Once added to a markbook double clicking the cell alongside a student opens the comment box for text entry.
Unexplained Absences and Early Notification
The layout on the ENS page has been optimised to show more on the screen, reduce mouse movement and show more text of the latest note.
The bug where Pastoral reports could not be generated has been fixed.
We have changed the Enrolment Note and Medical alert icons on the Student Summary back to red.
Assessment Summary tab
ATL graphs have been added to the Assessment Summary tab.
The visual order of caregivers is now the same around the product.
Custom Categories (new functionality)
These are configurable fields that can hold any additional information relating to student’s. i.e. sports activities, awards, internet access, etc.
The setup is similar to markbook configuration where data types are first created (Category Value Setup) then applied to the relevant categories (Category Configuration). An example of this would be: .. create a Lookup Data Type of Yes/No, this could be then used on categories such as Internet Access Permission and Prefect. i.e. the data type is created once then applied to as many categories as needed.
The available data types are: Text, Number, Lookup, Comment (max 50 characters).
Custom Categories can be set up by staff with Enrolment Office User Responsibility.
Admin > Setup > Category Setup.
NB. up to eight values can be applied to each category. Designated under maximum Value column.
Data Entry can only be done and viewed by staff with Enrolment Officer responsibility. People>Student Details .. select student .. > Custom Categories.
There is also the option to show the Value 1 entry at the bottom of the Student Profile page. People>Student Details .. select student.
Teachers can view Custom Category entries via Classes > Student Details > Custom Categories
Data can be output via New Filterable Lists.
Added the ability to attach files to medical details. e.g. for immunisation evidence.
New Filterable Lists
A bug in the display of Houses has been corrected.
ATL (Attitude to Learning)
ATL reporting is now available for all year levels.
If Reporting by V or H Groups, Publishing is done by V, H Group or Year Level.
If Reporting by Subject Class, Publishing is done by Year Level only.
NB: Once configuration is setup, you are unable to change the Report by field (Data Entry, e.g. Subject class based of V/HGroup based).
The ability to print Step 2 of the Create or Edit timetable has been added.
Navigation and Interface Changes
Based on feedback from schools, changes have been made to the menu structure and overall look and feel of Edge to give a more consistent experience no matter what role/s the staff member has. Please view the accompanying video for more details on these changes. https://youtu.be/7HoShuW5BQE . The look and feel changes have also been applied to the Caregiver and Student portals.
NB. Actual page content remains largely unchanged. Only some of the navigation (menus) to get to the pages has been altered or renamed to be more logical e.g. the Enrolments menu has been renamed to People. The Enter Results and Achievement New pages have been combined. The Classes menu has been moved to the People menu.
- Individual Progress graphs are now available in Teacher Mode via .. ‘Search for a student’ (in the page footer)>Assessment summary tab.
- Users are now able to print all graphs to PDF or export the data to a CSV.
New Filterable Lists
- The ability to hide selected columns from the display has been added, but users will be able to filter/group on them. e.g. add the Room column, select to hide it from display, group and sort on it so the output is split by Room.
- Teachers now have access to New Filterable Lists.
- The issue where Group Memberships showed multiple classes has been resolved.
- When grouping, the group not opening sometimes on the first click is now resolved.
- The exporting of Caregivers now outputs in the expected order.
- The "Does Not contain" and" Does Not start with" filters are now working as expected.
- Phone numbers with a leading zero now export correctly.
- The MoE Details heading now has all the correct MoE fields listed under it.
- Membership Details>Subject classes>Option line information is now available. NB: This is currently only for Manually created timetables, not timetables created in Automatic mode.
- The focus now stays on your selected class when shifting between curriculum areas.
- Current Attainment: The ethnicity filter not showing second ethnicity level when only 1 student in the ethnicity group is now resolved.
- Current Attainment: Incorrect percentages on the Writing Exemplars is now resolved.
- Current Attainment: IKAN analysis not working by Year Level is now resolved.
- Current Attainment: Returning students now display in the correct year level.
- Sortable Table: Exporting results “7-9” outputting as 7-Sep in excel is now resolved.
- BURT Assessment: The ability to enter results below 20 has been added.
- STAR Assessment: Unable to enter some values for some year levels is now resolved.
- National Standards: Data Entry Final Only has been restricted to only allow 1 result per year (except for those students who require both an After 3 Years and End of Year 4 OTJ in the same year).
- The ability to easily switch to Final OTJ data entry from an ITJ data entry has been added.
Assessment Point Configuration
- The ability to configure Year 0 for GloSS has been added.
- The bug where configuration ticks couldn’t be removed from SEA has been corrected.
- When configuring assessments, assessment points are now automatically added to provide a greater range of analysis options for the entered data. These Assessment Points can be edited by the Assessment Co-ordinator.
- Being unable to see some subject class results if the student has been end-dated from a class is now resolved.
Last Year’s instead of the current years OTJ results displaying on a report has now been resolved.
- The ability to have more than one caregiver selected as a Bill Payer on a student is now available.
- eRR (Electronic Roll Returns)
- An eRR Approver can now Submit a Roll Return after it is approved without having to click to the next step. This has been to done to improve the workflow within this process.
Caregiver and Student logins
- The inability for Caregivers and Students to login with Windows Live or Facebook icons has now been resolved.
- [Defect fix] Curriculum Best Fit is now displaying in Data Entry
- Datalogue Integration
- The search dropdowns now display students Preferred and (Lega) Name giving users the ability to search by either name.
- Validate uniqueness of the user email address immediately. e.g. when trying to use an email in the system, it will say it is already in use.
- [Defect fix] Curriculum Best Fit is now displaying in Data Entry
- Teacher timetable extract is now available under Enrolments>Data Integration. This produces a .txt file that can be used for Datalogue Integration or other purposes.
- The search dropdowns now display students Preferred and (Legal) Name giving users the ability to search by either name.
- Emails will now no longer go to pending. If an email is already used in Edge, an error message will appear. You may need to search in the Add New Caregiver area for another instance of that caregiver to get the correct details.
Forgot Password redirect to wrong url site is now resolved.
- TWA columns displaying in staff site when configured from Achievement (when they should not appear) now don’t display.
- Copying reports from previous years failing due to 29th Feb date is now resolved.
- Enrolments/Students/ViewTimetable top tab on page is now correct.
- Assessment Summary: A new tabis now available that displays all assessments progress graphs
- All School Analysis: future assessment points now don’t display if there is no data.
- Bug Fix: Unable to view some markbooks for classes is now resolved.
- Bug Fix: Attendance note entered for one day appearing to be attached to other days has now been resolved
- The reporting of ENROL errors has been optimised to display more accurately and completely
- NumPA is now available for Data Entry.
- NumPA is now available in Analysis (Sortable Table, Current Attainment, Cohort Tracking)
- Option to show a named line chart for assessments with scale score results (PAT, STAR2012)
- NumPA is now available in Overall Tracking.
- Bug Fix: National Standards .csv export picking up the Reading value in the Writing column has been resolved.
- Bug Fix: During the school holidays, or weekends, the periods do not show in the availability view has been resolved.
- ENROL link (URL) in EDGE has been updated.
- MoE Validation rules have now been removed of the student types that do not apply (e.g. Student in a Separately Funded Unit)
- Bug Fix: Missing error message displaying on students has now been resolved.
Filterable Lists (new)
- Secondary Tertiary Programme is now spelt correctly.
Caregiver and Student Portals
- Unable to view student's timetable has been resolved.
Edge SMS to LM Sync
- Import users from Edge: Syncing is bringing over the parents email address not the students?
- Clicking on View Result for 2016 National Assessment Points and it not loading is now resolved.
- Overall Tracking now displays ALL results within an Assessment Point, not just the latest.
- Overall Tracking, Probe results not appearing in the export is now resolved.
- Unable to export to csv using Year Level with Sortable Results Table is now resolved.
- Added the ability to include current years’ leavers in Analysis.
- NCEA National Results has now been imported in EDGE.
- Timetable: Step 7 - Print all TEACHERS timetables now only prints teachers timetables.
- Timetable: Step 7: Now prints in correct Day order.
- Caregiver details: Caregiver cell phone number also displaying under Home Phone is now resolved.
- Exporting out Legal Name (Surname, First) not putting "" around the names, so misaligns the rest of the data has now been resolved.
- Immunisations not appearing on outputs when selected, is now resolved.
Unable to export to .csv in Internet Explorer or Edge Browser is now resolved
· Analysis: PAT and STAR2012 Bar Graphs (Percent) now include the option to overlay the National Average Bell Curve.
· Data Entry: BURT now allows a maximum value of 110 to be entered.
· Service Attitude to Learning, Middle School Achievement, Caregiver Reports, and Custom Caregiver Reports now display in the Caregiver Portal for previous years.
· Location now displays when creating a class.
· Group names can now be over 13 characters long (max 50 characters).
· Enrolment Summary failing to print is now resolved.
· Service Period state date can now be entered prior to 1985.
· Clean up of Interface: removed the logout button, rename Dash to Dashboard.
· Added the ability to scroll across the page using a horizontal scroll bar.
· Added the ability to view all Assessments and Assessments Points on the Landing Page by Group.
· Added the ability to view all Assessments and Assessments Points on the Landing Page by Year Level.
· Added the ability to view all configured Assessment Points on the Landing Page (not just the last 2 configured).
· Added the ability to see the scale score and stanine for all PAT and STAR Assessments.
· Added the ability to see latest Probe1 and Probe 2 results only.
· Added the ability to see results and Date Sat for GLoSS, IKAN and JAM.
· Added the ability to see students Room and Year Level.
· Added the ability to view students age in National Standards Data Entry.
· Added the ability to enter <4 as a result for IKAN.
· Added the ability to enter <96% as results for Probe 2.
· Added the ability to enter Pre 1 for all Curriculum Strands i.e. Listening.
· Added the ability to enter a Best Fit for all Curriculum Areas, i.e. English, Science.
· Default values are now available for GloSS and IKAN.
· JAM values have now been adjusted to match the JAM marking sheet.
· Added the ability to enter e-asTTle results
· Added the ability to view PAT/STAR stanine and scale scores when entering National Standards.
· Junior Assessment: Added the ability to see Running Records and Oral Language in the sortable table.
· Junior Assessment: Added the ability to select age range on graphs/tables
· Junior Assessment: Added the ability to select multiple sub-tests on graphs/tables.
· Added the ability to view all tests on graphs/tables.
· Cohort Analysis: Assessment Points now display in chronological order.
· Added the ability to view cohort analysis for National Standards.
· Schonell spelling analysis graphs/tables now have results grouped in age bands.
· Added the ability to view Analysis for e-asTTle
· Added the ability to export out analysis tables to JPG or PDF.
· Added the ability to view Cohort Analysis for Running Records
· Students Year Level and Room now display in Sortable Tables.
· PAT and STAR now have a summative stanine table in the graph outputs.
· Font on graphs x and y axis is now larger so is easier to read when printed.
· Added the ability to export out only the columns displayed on screen to csv.
· Added the ability to view all Assessments and Assessment Points by Class, Group and Year Level.
· Added the ability to view all configured Assessment Points (not just the last 2 configured).
· Overall Tracking: Probe data is not exporting to CSV from the Overall Tracking page.
· Analysis: JAM 2nd Edition: Analysis needs to be amended to reflect the new JAM values.
· Bug Fix: Unmarked rolls report now shows the responsible teachers name.
Caregiver and Student Portal
· Caregiver Portal Login: Can now login using email address, without expanding login area.
· Bug Fix: Double clicking subject to change a student's subject class errors for next year is now resolved.
· There is a New Filterable Lists option available.
· New School added to 'Intended Destination School' and Previous School lists: Rolleston College.
· International student cannot be uploaded as a Leaver has now been resolved.
· Contact Method Type has an invalid value when adding a caregiver has now been resolved.
· ENROL issue with accent on names unable to match when use Check/NSN has been resolved.
· When making a student a leaver, the Funding Year Level is now recalculated as at the date of leaving.
· Added the ability to suppress room number from receipt
· Removing a closed day from the Calendar is now populating the school rolls on saving.
· Ability to see last year’s Markbooks
· Ability to copy Markbook configuration to this year.
· Adding pre-enrol students to class, defaulting to 1st Jan 2017 and creates error has now been resolved.
NCEA Progress Table
· Ability to be able to access NCEA results for previous years.