Generate Student Reports
Teacher comments and results can be incorporated into report templates which have been configured by staff with the Report Master responsibility.
Entering data for generating student reports
Reports are only available for the year levels applicable to each teacher's class(es).
Most web browsers provide a spell check in the Languages settings (by default), and depending on the browser you are using, an add-on may be necessary.
Providing the report template has been set up for the current report by a staff member with Report Master user responsibility assigned, comments can be entered. "View previous report" is available to that user responsibility also, for each student. During report template set up, the Report Master can tick the check box to allow for the latest OTJ for the current year to be copied and pasted into the report comment field.
Steps for a teacher to add comments to a report by class or by individual:
Step 1: Select a report
- Available reports are only for the year levels you teach
- Select your report template from Curriculum > Report Entry (defaults to current report)
- Your room with your students only are displayed
Step 2: Enter Teacher comments
- Reports are only for the year levels you teach
- Click on a link next to a specific student
- The selected student basic details are displayed at the top of the page
- The tabs separate subject headings: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, and General - this area contains headings specified by your school. OTJs can be included on the report where the Report Master has used the check box in setting up the template, to allow for the latest OTJ for the current year to be copied and pasted into the report comment field
- Clicking on any of the four headings will take you straight to that section of the report
- Under the four headings are displayed to indicate the progress: Create, In Process, Complete
- Latest assessment results are displayed which can be copied and pasted into any comment field
- Enter comments into the comment boxes under each tab, character count-downs are displayed
- In the Progress A4 Booklet report format based on The New Zealand Curriculum, the estimation for where your students will be this year, will display on the graph showing progress towards the curriculum goal set. This has been split into 6 points per curriculum level from the drop downs
- When you are happy with your comments for that student, tick the "entry completed" box and save
- In the Curriculum area (reading, writing and mathematics levels 1 and 2), tick a radio button to indicate expectations of this particular student, also OTJ (overall teacher judgment) comments are displayed at the top of the page
- Click "Save" to save the data entry on this report
- "View previous report" button displays the last report created for this student
- "Back to summary" button takes you to the class view so you have the ability to choose the next student
- On the Class Summary page, status of entry for each student shows, and completed reports can be generated by the report Master and either printed, or concurrently emailed to the caregivers and published to the Caregiver portal.
Step 3: Print the reports
- Once all the data is entered for an individual or class - where the link under the four headings is complete, you now have the ability to print all the class or just an individual student
- Tick the "print" box and scroll down to the "Print" button
- Under last generated the date displays of the last printing of this report
- The "Select All" tick box quickly selects all the students in your class
- Clicking on a date link opens the PDF report(s)
- A download link is also available at the top right of the page which opens the report(s) in PDF format
Looking for more answers? email support with your question.